How does SPERA advocate for the advancement of educational opportunities in Rural Australia?
- SPERA supports and encourages rural communities and educators to work towards the development of quality education and training in rural areas in Australia
- SPERA shares a common concern and commitment to the maintenance and development of appropriate educational opportunities in rural Australia
- SPERA aims to provide a positive view of education and training in rural areas and encourage innovation and initiative in the provision of education services
- SPERA provides the framework for sharing concerns, issues and experiences relating to education and training in rural Australia
- SPERA sponsors the annual Australian Rural Education Award
What are the benefits of membership?
- receive regular newsletters
- receive three issues per year of the Australian and International Journal of Rural Education (AIJRE)
- have the opportunity to contribute to rural education networks
- have the opportunity to input into policy and policy advice at a national level
- have the opportunity to participate in an annual conference on rural education and training
Who belongs to SPERA?
SPERA members are people interested in education and training in rural Australia who come from early childhood settings, schools, colleges, TAFE’s and universities, parent, community groups and education and training authorities. This diverse membership is one of the Association’s strengths.
What are the features of the “Australian and International Journal of Rural Education” journal?
The Journal publishes articles, reports, reviews and research that:
- promote the development of education and training in rural Australia
- disseminate innovative ideas, actions, programs and policies in rural education and training
- link people interested in providing quality learning experiences
- provide a forum for new ideas and innovations in rural education and training
- provide a venue for sharing of information on rural education and training issues and the development of programs
How do I join SPERA?
Join online using our SPERA membership page.