SPERA is involved in the following range of activities:
- the organisation and conduct of an annual national conference;
- the production and distribution of the journal, the Australian & International Journal of Rural Education;
- provision of advice on rural education and training matters to Federal and State government departments.
- Production of submissions to various government departments and other organisations which are conducting enquiries into the provision of education and training in rural Australia;
- Membership of local, state and federal committees (RRRR; TERRN CWA; ICPA; etc); and
- Coordination and sponsorship of the annual Australian Rural Education Awards.
Sources of Funds
SPERA receives funds from:
- annual subscriptions of members;
- copyright of Australian & International Journal of Rural Education;
- donations and sponsorship;
- profit generated from the annual conference and annual SPERA Rural Matters Report.
Application of Funds
SPERA uses its funds for the:
- production of annual SPERA Rural Matters Report;
- organisation of the annual national conference;
- production of the journal, Australian & International Journal of Rural Education;
- publicity for the SPERA organisation;
- administrative functions of SPERA;
- publications on rural education;
- sponsorship of the Australian Rural Education Awards; and
- pre-service teacher education sponsorships.