28-30 September 2016
Rural Education: Place, Pedagogies, Partnerships and Possibilities
SPERA, in conjunction with the SiMERR National Research Centre at the University of New England, invites you to join us for the 32nd National SPERA Conference and 4th International Symposium for Innovation in Rural Education.
Hosted by CQUniversity Australia’s Ooralea Campus and supported by the University of Tasmania, the 2016 conference will bring together a range of national and international teachers, school administrators, teacher educators, academics, pre-service teachers, community members and parents who are passionate about rural education.
Speakers and Guest at this year’s conference include:
- Dr Miguel Angel Diaz Delgado – Interleader Network
- Professor Unn-Doris Baeck – University of Tromso, Norway
- Dr Hernan Cuervo – University of Melbourne
- Professor John Pegg – SiMERR National Research Centre at the University of New England
- Professor Helen Huntly – CQUniversity
- Dr Erica Southgate – 2016 NCSEHE Equity Fellow, University of Newcastle Australia
- Professor Bronwyn Fredericks – CQUniveristy
- Ms Patrea Walton – Department of Education and Training
Download the Program here: SPERA 32nd National Conference Program (91Kb)
Where: CQUniversity Australia: Ooralea Campus (Mackay)
When: 28-30 September 2016
In addition to a great program registration to the Conference includes wonderful social network opportunities including:
Welcome Reception, sponsored by SiMERR National Research Centre, featuring Wykari Wines. Performances by Students from the Conservatorium of Music
Annual Conference Dinner to be held at MacKay Grande Suites, featuring Guest Speaker Mayor Greg Williamson, Mackay Regional Council
For those attending and wanting more information, Mackay region is a good place to visit, for information on travel, accommodation and dining in and around the area.
For conference rates on accommodation whilst attending the conference you can email Quest MacKay and let them know you are part of the SPERA 2016 Conference.
SPERA would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which the CQUniversity Ooralea Campus is situated and pay respects to Elders past, present and emerging.