34th National SPERA Conference
29 – 30 November 2018
Perth, Western Australia
Access for All: Equity Matters
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
SPERA, in partnership with the National Centre for Student Equity in Higher Education based at Curtin University, Perth, Western Australia invites you to attend the 34th National SPERA Conference.
Subthemes based on Halsey’s 2018 Independent Review on Rural, Regional and Remote Education:
- Global Directives [OECD & UN SDG4]
- Asset driven place based innovations [international, national, local]
- More than IT solutions [Creative alternatives]
- ESL, Language and Learning [Cultural & Linguistic Competency; Aboriginal Curriculum Framework]
- Poverty and Power [General Capabilities; Enablers; Disrupting Discourse]
- System level equity [Showcasing WA RRR -DET, AISWA, Catholic, TAFE]
Call for Abstracts Submission Deadline
Friday 31 August 2018 (250 word abstracts) Email your submissions to email@example.com
Submission of Abstracts
To submit an abstract, please download, complete and return the proposal template below.
Abstracts are to be written in plain English and include clear information about the aims, nature and content of the paper and, where applicable, a brief statement of results and implications. All abstracts should be linked to the conference theme.
Notification of Acceptance of Abstracts
Abstracts are subject to blind-review by members of the program committee. Notification of whether the abstract has been accepted for presentation will be sent to the presenter/s on or before Friday 21 September 2018.
Author Confirmation of Attendance and Registration
Successful presenters will be asked for their audio visual requirements at this time and instructed to confirm their attendance via paid registration no later than Friday 5 October 2018.
Please Note: Presenter/s must be paid registrants of the conference in order to present a paper. Registrations must be paid no later than Friday 5 October 2018. No refunds will be issued for any reason after Friday 19 October 2018.
When: 29 – 30 November 2018
Where: Curtin University, Perth, Western Australia
Conference Registration (includes 12 month membership): $520 Full Registration, $350 Concession Registration (For Australian concession card holders only (students and/or retirees). All registrations includes: Welcome Reception & 12 month SPERA membership.
REGIONAL, RURAL & REMOTE PLACE-BASED INITIATIVES
The Society for the Provision of Education in Rural Australia invites you to share Australian rural, regional and remote (RRR) place-based initiatives and innovations.
If you have an initiative that would be good to share with the SPERA community project and have featured as part of the upcoming conference. Simply complete the online template.
REGIONAL, RURAL & REMOTE PHOTO GALLERY
As part of the 34th National SPERA Conference we invite you to send us your favourite photos of rural, regional and remote Australia.
By submitting photographs the entrant grants permission to SPERA to copy and publish their submission (including any photograph or text) or part of it for any purpose relating to SPERA. SPERA may publish your work on our website, social media sites or in print or digital media. Photo submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entry is free.
- Multiple entries will be accepted. Simply email your photo submission to email@example.com.
- Photos must be the work of the photographer and it is the responsibility of entrants to obtain the permission of the persons/subjects in the photograph.
- Photographs will be credited wherever the images are used.
- Images should be of high resolution, preferably over 4961 pixels x 3508 pixels (300ppi) so that they are suitable for use on A3 posters.
- Filenames for the photos should contain the entrants’ name.
- Each photograph entry should have a title and a sentence about it. Please include the photograph location and contact name and email address of the photographer.
- Copyright and intellectual property of the images remains the permission of the photographer.
- SPERA has the final decision on which images will be used and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries for the 2018 conference will close on Saturday 30 September 2018.
- Submitting an entry constitutes acceptance of these conditions.