SPERA, with the SiMERR National Research Centre at the University of New England, invites you to join us for the 32nd National SPERA Conference and 4th International Symposium for Innovation in Rural Education.
Hosted by CQUniversity Australia’s Ooralea Campus and supported by the University of Tasmania, the 2016 conference will bring together a range of national and international teachers, school administrators, teacher educators, academics, pre-service teachers, community members and parents who are passionate about rural education.
Rural Education: Place, Pedagogies, Partnerships and Possibilities
Where: CQUniversity Australia: Ooralea Campus (Mackay)
When: 28-30 September 2016
Download the full flyer here: 2016 SPERA-ISFIRE Conference Flyer (2Mb)
Confirmed speakers and guests include:
- Dr Miguel Angel Diaz Delgado – Interleader Network
- Professor Unn-Doris Baeck – University of Tromso, Norway
- Dr Hernan Cuervo – University of Melbourne
- Professor John Pegg – SiMERR National Research Centre at the University of New England
- Professor Helen Huntly – CQUniversity
- Dr Erica Southgate – National Centre for Student Equity Higher Education
2016 Conference Date: 28 – 30 September 2016
For those attending and wanting more information, Mackay region is a good place to visit, for information on travel, accommodation and dining in and around the area.
During the conference there will also be special presentations made to awardees of the following:
If you or someone you know might be interested in nominating a person or project, just follow the links above.
SPERA would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which the CQUniversity Ooralea Campus is situated and pay respects to Elders past, present and emerging.