34th National SPERA Conference
Perth, Western Australia
Access for All: Equity Matters
SPERA, in partnership with the National Centre for Student Equity in Higher Education based at Curtin University, Perth, Western Australia invites you to attend the 34th National SPERA Conference.
Subthemes based on Halsey’s 2018 Independent Review on Rural, Regional and Remote Education:
- Global Directives
- Asset driven place based innovations
- More than IT solutions
- ESL, Language and Learning
- Poverty and Power
- System level equity
Conference Flyer: WAHED-SPERA_Flyer (945KB)
Where: Curtin University, Perth, Western Australia
Non-Members: $520 Full Registration $350 Concession Registration (For Australian concession card holders only (students and/or retirees).
Members: $500 Full Registration $330 Concession Registration (For Australian concession card holders only (students and/or retirees).
To obtain the members rate you must hold a current 2018 SPERA membership.
34th National SPERA Conference registration entitles you to the following:
- Annual SPERA Membership for 2019.
- Optional Attendance at NCSEHE Forum: World Access to Higher Education Day, Wednesday 28th November. For more information and to register for this day simply visit the event page. (This is an optional day more information included on the flyer on how to register for this event)
- Welcome reception and formal conference registration, evening of Wednesday 28th November. Tim Winton Lecture Theatre, Curtin University.
- Full SPERA Conference program run over Thursday 29 and Friday 30 November, including a whole-of-sector symposium addressing the Independent Review into Regional, Rural and Remote Education (IRRRE) government response. (see flyer for further information)
Perth has a number of good accommodation venues and SPERA has been able to negotiate special conference rates with the following accommodation providers, all are located within close proximity of Curtin University. Accomodation SPERA 2018
Abstract Presenters Attendance and Registration
Successful presenters will be asked for their audio visual requirements at this time and instructed to confirm their attendance via paid registration no later than Friday 5 October 2018.
Please Note: Presenter/s must be paid registrants of the conference in order to present a paper. Registrations must be paid no later than Friday 5 October 2018. No refunds will be issued for any reason after Friday 19 October 2018.
REGIONAL, RURAL & REMOTE PLACE-BASED INITIATIVES
The Society for the Provision of Education in Rural Australia invites you to share Australian rural, regional and remote (RRR) place-based initiatives and innovations.
If you have an initiative that would be good to share with the SPERA community project and have featured as part of the upcoming conference. Simply complete the online template.
REGIONAL, RURAL & REMOTE PHOTO GALLERY
As part of the 34th National SPERA Conference we invite you to send us your favourite photos of rural, regional and remote Australia.
By submitting photographs the entrant grants permission to SPERA to copy and publish their submission (including any photograph or text) or part of it for any purpose relating to SPERA. SPERA may publish your work on our website, social media sites or in print or digital media. Photo submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entry is free.
- Multiple entries will be accepted. Simply email your photo submission to email@example.com.
- Photos must be the work of the photographer and it is the responsibility of entrants to obtain the permission of the persons/subjects in the photograph.
- Photographs will be credited wherever the images are used.
- Images should be of high resolution, preferably over 4961 pixels x 3508 pixels (300ppi) so that they are suitable for use on A3 posters.
- Filenames for the photos should contain the entrants’ name.
- Each photograph entry should have a title and a sentence about it. Please include the photograph location and contact name and email address of the photographer.
- Copyright and intellectual property of the images remains the permission of the photographer.
- SPERA has the final decision on which images will be used and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries for the 2018 conference will close on Saturday 30 September 2018.
- Submitting an entry constitutes acceptance of these conditions.